I share my journey, good, bad, and sometimes not so pretty. Over the years I've dealt with two bulging discs in my lower back. Some people are aware, most aren't. Many times people think there is nothing wrong with me b/c I am always lifting weights, but the truth is I go through a lot in order to do what I do.
Here are a few of those things:
1. I wake up at 4:15a to workout at 5a (15-20 mins to stretch)
2. I visit the chiropractor twice a month
3. I go to yoga physical therapy once a week
4. Deep tissue massages monthly, with a massage therapist on speed dial
5. A foam roller next to my bed for the days when I can't sit up and have to literally roll out of bed and foam roll before I can start the day
6. A medicine cabinet stocked with Mobic, Tramadol, flexril, and ibuprofen
7. I use a portable TENs unit and a heating pad every other weekend
8. On leg day I usually have to get stretched out in the middle of the workout b/c leg press and walking lunges causes me great pain
Even though I go through a lot, this is still better than doing nothing, feeling sorry for myself and gaining a ton of weight. I've lived that life already, I like this one better. Keep pushing Stay consistent Take care your body Surpass your goals.
In the bathroom at work using a portable TENS unit